PETROL ENGINE TIMING TOOLS & SUPPORT KIT – BMW N42 / N46 / N46T
• To install and remove camshaft / hydraulic chain tensioner.
• To check and adjust camshaft timing correctly.
• The N42 and N46 1.8 & 2.0 twin camshaft petrol engines have the Vanos variable camshaft timing unit on the both inlet and exhaust camshaft.
• BMW Valvetronic system which varies the timing and the lift of the inlet valve.
• The Valvetronic layout incorporates a conventional inlet camshaft and
a secondary eccentric shaft, with intermediate lever and follower, activated by a stepper motor. The stepper motor changes the phase of the eccentric shaft, altering the action of the inlet valve.
• These are positioned in a camshaft carrier bracket in the cylinder head.
BMW: 118i E81/82/87/88 (04-12), 120i E81/82/87/88 (04-12),
316/to Compact E46 (01-07), 318/to Compact E46 (01-07),
318i E90/91/92/93 (05-12), 320i E90/91/92/93 (05-12),
520i E60/61 (07-10), Z4 2.0 E85/86 (04-09), X1 sDrive 18i
E84 (10-12), X1 x Drive 18i E84 (10-12), x3 2.0 E83 (05-10)
Engine Code: N42 / N46 / N46T: B18, B18A, B20, B20A, B20B, B20BD, B20BZ, B202